View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@dalton_trigg: Let’s say the Mavs don’t draft a center. If they decide to chase Cousins, what kind of offer would you be ok with? That recent B/R piece suggested 4yr/$80M. So basically the DeAndre Jordan deal that never happened 3 years ago.
Draft Mikal Bridges and I'm okay with it. NO probably offers him more, but with a 6% state tax rate (vs. 0% in TX) and the potential to join a good team, he could be okay with coming here for less.

Cousins
Barnes (out of position)
Bridges (AKA the next Marion/Kawhi)
Matthews/Curry
Smith

At least on paper that's a solid team. Even next to Davis, Cousins was the #12 center in the league in rebound rate. Then again, NO was a playoff team and Cousins seemed to like it there. I don't see why he would take less money to come here. Plus, there's the whole health thing. He's only a top player if he comes back healthy. We also don't know what happens in free agency until after we draft and I think our odds of drafting a center (Ayton, Jackson, Bamba) are over 50%

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-15-2018 at 10:37 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote