View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #55
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
Many of past GOP presidential candidates have been employed in some capacity by Fox (Santo, Gingrich, Huckabee, and Veep candidate Palin). Don't know if they are a "conservative" station (whatever definition of conservative you want to use), but they are empirically a propaganda organ for the Republican party.
Not going to argue that Fox is more Republican than any other of the stations. Saying that Fox is the only Republican station compared to all the rest of the MSM is debatable, but generally true.

Calling Republican and Conservative the same thing isn't really close IMO though.

Calling Republican more conservative than the Democratic party for the last 40 years of so -- debatable, but generally true as well.

If you are calling Fox a Republican rag -- I suspect I can find people who call CNN the Communist News Network -- ABC, NBC and CBS propaganda machines for the Democratic Party, etc.

It all depends on where you are coming from, and who taught you what, and who you think you should have listened to.

With all that said, none of them are conservative. (By the definition that I grew up with.) Conservative implies God, Country, Family in that order where Liberal implied Government, Self, and Money. Republicans are kind of in the Big Business, Money, Country, wishy washy God, Self, Family role from what I have seen right now......so no I don't really call that conservative. Democrats seem to be in the Government, Self (I can do whatever I want), Money, Family role right now and that is way from conservative.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote