View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How To: Stay in the Elite, after waiving Finley.

- The Boston trade. Not sure about this one. Blount wouldn't be a bad option at backup C, but I'm not really all that high on him. You sort of write Tony Allen off, but I'm actually intrigued by that guy. Haven't seen him play very much, but he has some interesting stats. In particular, his rebounding was terrific last year for the C's, and his defensive numbers were very good as well. Still, I'd hold off on making this kind of deal until I got a better feel for how Marquis, DJ, and Pavel were doing in summer league. In particular, if either DJ or Pavel look capable of handling backup center duties, there's no need for this trade.

- Antonio Daniels would probably be my first choice out of available veteran NBA pg's if the Mavs needed a point, but with Devin and JT still on board in this scenario adding him doesn't make a lot of sense. Mavs would be better off looking for a SF to back up Josh and allow Stack to stay at SG.