View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The national title game? It'll be tough now. Penn State almost surely won't lose, so there's only one spot left. Even if Bama loses, you need Florida to lose again (they are looking awesome right now). And then you have to factor in USC on top of that.

Bottom line, probably not gonna happen for UT. I'll take either the Big 12 Game the Fiesta Bowl, or a BCS at-large bid.
USC won't be ranked ahead of Texas or Oklahoma if they end the regular season with one loss in my opinion.

Tech will likely lose at leas one of their games to OSU and OU. If they lose 1, there's a very good chance that Texas leaps right back ahead of them especially since the UT loss was on the road. Texas will probably be ranked ahead of OU as well simply because they beat OU at a neutral site.

In my opinion, it'll probably come down to Texas, Florida/Alabama, and Penn State mostly because I can't see Tech winning out..and I can't see Tech being ranked ahead of UT once Tech loses. Penn State could realistically go undefeated and not get a shot at the title game. I don't think they've shown much of anything in going undefeated up to this point.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote