View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #74
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

First Congrats to Tech.

There OL is freakishly huge and quick!!! We should see some of these guys on Sundays in the near future!!!

Now, I've got to get this off my chest. One specific missed call that may have changed how the first half went. My gripe and why this stuck with me is because it was never mentioned on the broadcast.

This is on Tech's 2nd drive...immidiately after the safety.

On the second play of that drive it's 2nd and 5...Harrell completes a desperation throw to Lewis for a 1st down across mid field. However on that play, Texas was getting pressure and when I watched it live, I was wondering how they could have missed the sack. The Longhorns #2 had a clear shot and I was throwing a tantrum when he completely wiffed on him.

Well when I watched the replay it turns out that #67 of Tech grabs the Longhorns #2 by the facemask and pulls him away from the sack. Without that face mask it's 3rd down and 12...if they call the face mask it's a 15 yard penalty and becomes 2nd and 20.

Yes, Texas should've overcome this missed call...however it was early in the game and this could've been the huge momentum shift that Texas needed.

Yes Tech won and again I congradulate them.

The Facemask was one of the most obvious that I have seen in years and to not have it called set a trend.

Okay, now that I got that off my chest I can move on...

1st half was a rather dull half...2nd half the game became interesting...when Texas was driving for their final score, I turned and told my kid, they need to slow down...for Texas to win, they must score with under 1 minute left in the game...when I saw the time left after the TD, we both said that their was too much time left on the clock...

Congrats to the Red Raiders...make this win worthy...run the table and win the title!!! Without a title it's a meaningless game!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote