Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #850
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Dude I liked it better when you were in self-imposed exile. I just can’t take another ten paragraphs about how Memphis is tanking better than us. You have good points but good God man, you have to learn when the horse is dead. Feel free to enjoy us eating our crow if you’re right. Be prepared to eat yours if you’re wrong. Either way no one is going to take you seriously as long as you advocate for things like firing RC and for JJB to get injured. Things like that make you come off worse than a fair-weather fan.

PS Grizz are blatantly tanking and it’s likely cost them their relationships with Gasol and Conley. Sorry but IMO no player, not even generational ones, are worth sacrificing the organization’s relationship with Dirk/ RC.
I wasn't in self-imposed exile. I just got tired of spending a lot of time putting together a well-research post and having some dumbass reply with some hokey emotional, anecdotal reply when they haven't even bothered to open a box score & take a look.

What do I get out of this forum? I enjoy a few of the posters. A few I find just as annoying as they find me.

Edit: THIS is why I post what I post. It's freaking maddening. Every excuse in the book is given why not tanking is okay, but every single one of them is seriously flawed. A) It's pure speculation that Conley Jr & Gasol have damaged relationships with the FO over this. In fact, Gasol was rumored to have poor relations with Memphis FO before they went into tank mode. and B) If anything having DeAndre Ayton show up on the roster next year is more likely to keep them around. But, Memphis is unlikely to be able to afford Gasol when he becomes a FA & why would they want to spend a max deal on a mid 30s center, anyways? It was time to move on. It's time for the Mavs to move on. Yeah, DeAndre Ayton and Luka Doncic and JJJ are all more valuable than Rick Carlisle. You bet your ass they are. Anything else is dreaming. It's a players league. I guess when Kawhi leaves San Antonio in the summer & the Spurs miss the playoffs next year, folks may start to understand that.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 03-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote