View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsgirl4134
This might make me look dumb but whatever. Here is what I don't get. The mavs go through a weird stretch like this, where they aren't playing the way they're supposed to and all that. So now they have to go back to the "basics". Haven't they been doing this for 3 years? Why do they need to be told constantly to stop shooting freakin 3's when they aren't going in and drive to the basket? Why do they have to go back over all of this defense and stuff? All of the players keep talking about how they know what they have to do blah blah blah but they aren't doing it.
No I'm not "knee jerking" because I really do believe that they will get out of this slump and have a great season. I'm just wondering why it's the same story every year, especially this early in the season.
I don't even come close to knowing as much about basketball as you guys' do, so enlighten me.
I think from a psychological standpoint it's just a hell of a lot easier to lay back and shoot J's. all day, especially when you think you're gonna make em. Less energy required, less chance of getting injured, etc. etc.

Unfortunately, that approach also entails also a lesser chance of winning. But the Mavs right now are playing like they don't need to win. Maybe they don't need to win 3, 4, 5 games in November, but they do need to win around 50 or more games to qualify for the playoffs in this conference....

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote