View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsgirl4134
This might make me look dumb but whatever. Here is what I don't get. The mavs go through a weird stretch like this, where they aren't playing the way they're supposed to and all that. So now they have to go back to the "basics". Haven't they been doing this for 3 years? Why do they need to be told constantly to stop shooting freakin 3's when they aren't going in and drive to the basket? Why do they have to go back over all of this defense and stuff? All of the players keep talking about how they know what they have to do blah blah blah but they aren't doing it.
No I'm not "knee jerking" because I really do believe that they will get out of this slump and have a great season. I'm just wondering why it's the same story every year, especially this early in the season.
I don't even come close to knowing as much about basketball as you guys' do, so enlighten me.
I heard Phil Jackzen quote Vince Lombardi one day about this and it does seem true.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all".
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote