View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
First, I wouldn't worry about it, in terms of your new job (congrats, by the way). The chances are that a Class C misdemeanor isn't even going to turn up on most background checks. And even it does, it sounds to me like the kind of thing that isn't going to keep you from getting that job.

Piecing this thing together, I want to say that you no longer live at the last address on file with the authorities, which is why you didn't get the citation in the mail. But then again, how did the law firm get your address in order to send you that letter? Have you recently changed addresses?

Bottom line, just call the courts and see if you have a case against you. If you do, then it has probably gone into warrant status by now, and that could get ugly if you get pulled over. So check it out tomorrow morning.

If you indeed do have a charge against you, don't sweat it. You'll have to go the court and either post a bond if they are willing to reset your court date, or pay the fine in full. You can probably get deffered adjudication and the charge will never appear on your record.

Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for the feedback Chum. And yes, I did change addresses, the law firm letters even have my old address listed, but I guess it somehow rerouted to my new one, thats why i figured, hey if this law firm letter can make it to my new address so can a citation from the city.

And yes I do have a charge against me that is in warrant status....... which is something I intend to dispute as soon as possible. To answer the question about how was this possible when the police werent involved, they were actually on their way as I was in the room. Oh, and on the theft accusation, I did go back to speak with the manager because I know some stores have policies where if you were accused of theft but you were innocent, the employee who made that accusation would be terminated but the guy who supposedly had me on tape was let go because he was a seasonal employee.

The thing that is worrying me is that I know my criminal background is clear, but wont this show up on my driving record, because it was a citation. A clean driving record is needed for this position, but I did explain to the manager about my speeding tickets, and she was fine with that, now if she finds out about this........ i really dont know what will happen.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote