View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #64
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Kidd wasn't viewed or treated as expendable by the Mavs. And Rick is one of the top 2 or 3 active NBA coaches. None of the players that have left Dallas in the last two years rank that high in their profession.

But the bottom line is that it makes no sense to compare coaches to players in that respect because coach's salaries don't count against the cap or incur luxury tax penalties.
I was talking more about this board's reaction to those players leaving. It seems like for many even though Kidd, Terry and Chandler helped win us a championship, they understand it was time to move on. However, whenever the possibility about moving in a different direction at head coach is brought up, they point to Rick's championship as a reason why that would be stupid.

Anyway, let's see how he does when Dirk gets healthy and these player become more familiar to him. He's a good coach and I hope he figures it out soon. That said, I think the criticisms of him this year are valid, and if he continues doing weird things then the Mavs will consider a change.

Last edited by Popeye; 01-06-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote