View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't think the Mavs have had a "core" since Steve Nash and Michael Finley were in Mavs uniforms. Not that I'm pining for the days of yore. My only point is that Cuban and Donnie have had several years to get Dirk the proper support and have failed to do so. Outside of Dirk, there's nobody the Mavs can't afford to lose.

Except maybe Kidd. For better or worse, I would say our "core" consists of Dirk and Kidd.

Terry is dead weight as far as I'm concerned. For all intents and purposes, Roddy is the new Jet.
This is what I was thinking about. But actually, I think Howard and Terry were pretty much "core" for a while there, and Harris probably was too. I guess you would also include Dampier.

On the one hand you could say that the Mavs have kept churning parts around the one constant Dirk (and certainly give Dirk credit for that). But on the other hand, Howard and Terry and Dampier logged a whole lot of time here. That was pretty much a "core."

One of those is gone, one is on the way out for sure, you would think, and the third is evidently in a steep decline reminiscent of the good ol' Findawg.

Butler and Haywood replace two of them, so I guess that's the new core. And of course, Kidd in place of Harris.

I'm just realizing that I haven't mentioned Marion in any of this...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote