View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

At first I have to say that I am an independent civil engineer who among others gives advice to people about optimize tenements regarding to conserve energy and decrease carbon dioxide emission, so I know this subject very good.

This is one of the most stupid commentary I´ve ever read about this topic. Must be dictated right from the US government which, like all governments, compose the things how it´s best for them and blink a fact about this global problem. I was at the end of my tether as the US environment minister is one of the few which don´t see any need for action regarding this problem.

It starts with the statement that in Kashmir they had record snowfalls and in Mumbai they had a temperature low record:

So you have to know that warm air absorbs more dewiness than cold air. In consequence of that the intensity of precipitation will rise with a global warming and not drop. Therefore this is rather a affirmation of the global warming.

About the temperature low: There were always some sporadic phenomena and this is nothing new to us, but you can´t deny that, from a global standpoint, the temperatures mostly going up rather than going down. There are many winter sports regions which exist from tourism and now have problems as there more often is not enough snow.

The argument that the decrease of glaciers is only a fact of micro-conditions is nonsense. From a global point of view the disappearance of the glaciers is gaining ground and the few glaciers which advance, are rare individual cases.

The extreme weather phenomena like hurricanes (New Orleans), Tornado's, snowstorms, rain with floodings, catastrophic droughts, etc are on the rise throughout the world.

Quote:
That scientific truth is rarely mentioned. Why? Because the global warming movement has now become a multi-billion dollar enterprise with thousands of jobs and millions in funding for NGOs and think-tanks, top jobs and prizes for scientists, and huge media coverage for predictions of disaster.

Also absolute nonsense as it´s very expensive for the government and the industry (especially the air polluting industry like for example coal-fired power stations, indirect the car industry and of course the oil industry) to do something against the pollution of the environment. So it´s not surprising that the environment minister also in sense of the economic doesn´t want to do anything. Sadly that the same is true of most of governments all around the world as the industries mostly have the authority over them. The lobby of this people is much more powerful and has much more billions of money than the ones which want to do something against the global warming.

There I have to say that the pollution from the cars is at the moment less responsible for the global warming than the pollution through the industry and the excessive consumption of energy for e.g. heating houses or air conditions and in this way the massive emission of carbon dioxide, the main cause of the global warming. This (pollution through cars) of course will be a much bigger problem if the Asian developing countries bloom and everyone wants to have a car.

It´s true that no one knows what will happen 100 years from now, but it´s a fact that the the average temperature will rise between 2,8°C at best and 6,4°C at worst case scenario, but only if we will stop to limit the carbon dioxin emission drastically. How scary the situation will be if the temperature rises for about 6,4°C, points out the fact, that between the warm stage and the ice age there was only a temperature difference of 4°C! So nobody can tell us what will happen in the future, because it never happened before to our world.

All in all the government has to do something immediately against the global warming without being narrow-minded and it´s irresponsible to gamble with the future not only of our children but of all humans!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 02-06-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote