View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #39
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...unsnb0211.html

Amaré increases practice workload

Stoudemire's recovery process hit another landmark Friday when he joined in some team basketball for the first time, albeit with no defenders. He ran the floor and took shots - jumpers and lay-ins - as the Suns went through plays.

"It started out a little stiff, which is normal, but it felt great out there getting up and down and jumping and shooting as though I was never injured," Stoudemire said. "I'll tell you what: I really believe I'm coming back more explosive because of the correctional exercises the trainers have me doing and just the way I go about working out."

Stoudemire's debut in basketball simulation drew rave reviews from the select viewing audience of staff and teammates.

"He's so fast and powerful that even if he's 50 percent, he's one of the fastest and strongest guys we have," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It's amazing."

Stoudemire's workouts have intensified since the start of the month, when a positive magnetic resonance imaging test allowed him to jog for the first time. One week later, he moved onto the five-on-zero work that likely will lead to some two-on-two or one-on-one play this month.

Stoudemire described Friday as "only 50 percent. I'm trying to get back to 100 percent so that hands down, I'm stronger, faster, quicker."
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote