View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 03:59 AM   #1
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough
Default josh smith, stromile swift, stephen hunter

I realize, aside from the nashness factor, the reason why the suns are playing so well really boils down to their athleticism. By athleticism, I mean they have tall, quick players that get up and down the court in amare, hunter and marion that simply overwhelm most teams. If the mavs were to do one trade, I hope that they would attempt to get a player in the mold of a steven hunter or josh smith (stromile swift anyone?). This is the type of player that I feel would be a perfect fit with these new look mavs. I really like all of our two guards, but I think the mavs would benefit more from trading one of them, perhaps combined with one of our centers, in order to pick up one of the aformentioned player-types and a decent backup two guard.

IMO, a lineup of terry/harris, finley, howard, nowitzki, and a stromile-type would dominate teams that force nellie to take out dampier. If DJ had more polish to his game, he could perhaps fill this role, but as is, he seems more geared as a banger to me.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote