View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #63
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
That last line is a completely cop out. Doctors have regulations of all kinds of how they practice medicine and when and how they are allowed to conduct prodecures. And the government places restrictions on all of our bodies. No one is free to do whatever they want with their bodies, to the literal extent.
tell me what other medical procedure doctors perform that is restricted like abortions?

regulating the prescriptions is not regulating medical procedures. regulating the doctors competency is not regulating medical procedures.

government shouldn't regulate what an adult does to themselves. are you saying that the state has the right to outlaw suicide too? it's nonsensical, if someone wants to kill themselves the state has the right to place them in jail?

Quote:
What does it matter who coined the phrase? Partial birth abortion is a barbaric and unnatural practice, no matter what the justification.
yeah, the woman should just suffer thru a damaged cervix. who cares if she may be unable to have a child in the future, deny her the safest procedure because the nrlc says it's wrong.

as for "barbaric" and "unnatural", its a medical procedure! do we not perform any medical procedures like open heart surgery, after all it's "unnatural". I had my acl replaced, should I not have been allowed to have a new one because it's "unnatural"? do we not harvest organs from the deceased and give them to help the aflicted because the removal is "barbaric"?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote