View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 07:19 PM   #30
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, you're not even coming close to replacing Murray with anyone other than Gurley or Gordon, and I think Coleman was the only other RB in the draft that you could've penciled in as a starter... I'm not sure if Abdullah, Yeldon or any of those next-tier guys could have beat out Randle or McFadden for the starting spot -- at least not this year.

Instead, we shored up our biggest weaknesses on defense and added depth to an offensive line that many would argue was the reason why Murray was so successful last season... I mean, Randle averaged 6.7 YPC last season, so the argument that any NFL-caliber RB could find success behind that line isn't so far-fetched. I know McFadden certainly hasn't had a line like this in his career. Plus, the Cowboys might think they have something in the #38 pick from 2011, Ryan Williams.

Not to mention that it's still not too late to trade some of next year's picks for AP.
Yeah we wouldn't replace murray with what was there when we were likely ready to take rb. I'm just as worried relying on Randle off the field and DMC staying healthy. I thought there were a few serviceable backups to be had. I'm fine with the wait and see approach. There always seems to be a rb available for trade every year.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote