Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #2859
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Cant believe ppl talking about a failed draft cause of the 2nd Round. 2nd Round Player likely wont be the difference with the exception of a few or with Players drafted by the Spurs there.

Brunson is a great Talent and its not like that Backup PG Spot is filled with great Talent.

Yogi is serviceable but RFA
Curry is UFA and will Play the 2 anyway most likely.
JJB is old and shouldnt be playing heavy minutes anymore

If the Mavs have a Plan in the Pocket for the Center Position its fine.

Giannis Brother is a Marketing Gag just like Satnam Singh. Hes cant sniff his Brothers Talent but Mavs stay relevant in Europe now and have a Market for Jersey Sales.

In my hometown a couple of years a guy named Garlon Green was playing there. A Highflyer and the Brother of Longtime NBA Player Gerald Green.

They also had Nick Wiggins who is the Brother of Andrew Wiggins.

All Brothers but worlds in Terms of Talent.
I don't see anybody talking about a failed draft. I did mention that for me the draft was anti-climactic, and I was really wanting something other than a guard at 33 due to other holes on the Mav roster. I also mentioned that I thought the Mavs may look back in hindsight and wish they had picked somebody else at 33. Honestly, that can be said about every draft. We won't really know for another couple of years.

I never watch much of the draft, much less the entire 5 or so hour production, and I think watching Phoenix scoop up 2 early 1st round talents had me hoping for more from the Mavs, but the Mavs didn't have the 1st overall selection, so that expectation wasn't necessarily fair, and we really don't know right now what other moves they attempted that just didn't work out.

Did I hope for more/too much? Probably. However, I think the Mavs did a solid job, and am excited to see what happens in free agency. I don't imagine we will be tanking this upcoming season, so it'll be nice to root for them to do well again, and I just hope that Rick let's the young guys play a lot, make their mistakes, and develop.

Last edited by satrekker; 06-22-2018 at 08:56 AM.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote