Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #2871
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
anyone got a link or a list of good players not drafted this year.?
Top of my list would of been Kendall Stephens the red-shirt Senior from Nevada. Kid can flat out fill up from behind the arch. Lights out shooter who does precious little else on the floor. Reminds me a bit of a James Jones type, 6-7 (more of a Tayshaun Prince style body) & oddly enough not quite as physical as James Jones, even though Jones was not known as a physical type at all. Basically, Stephens is just a shooter, a one trick pony... but that one trick is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, he's joining the Magic's summer league team.

Brandon McCoy the 7 foot freshman center out of UNLV would of been fine for a summer league tryout. Disappointed the Mavs didn't get with him. The Bucks signed him, so we'll get a firsthand look at him nonetheless when the Mavs open their summer league season vs the Bucks.

If you remember the Elite 8, I believe it was, with Kansas & Duke, then you remember taking a shining to Malik Newman from Kansas. 6-3 SG with the ability to create his own shot. Unfortunately the Lakers snagged him to their summer league team.

Speaking of Jayhawks, I'd like to see the Mavs give Billy Preston an audition. A 6-10 athletic forward, McDonald's All-American in 2017, who committed to Kansas, but left under NCAA controversy over a car. He played a few games overseas before having an injury & coming back stateside. Immense, raw talent.

Keenan Evans would of been another but he signed with the Warriors summer league team.

I wouldn't of minded a looksey at Allonzo Trier, but the Knicks snatched him up. I'm fine with passing on him.

I like the Rockets picking up Trevon Duvall for their summer league team. If Duvall had any J at all, he'd of been a first round pick. I still might favor his long-term NBA prospects over Grayson Allen.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote