Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #322
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Regarding Poku: is his ceiling really that high? Maybe relative to the other guys in this draft. But he’s not an amazing athlete, can’t shoot, bad body for now. He can handle the ball for a big guy. I just don’t see the appeal. Maybe I’m missing something.
First off, I’m not a Poku guy. I wouldn’t draft him.

But, when you watch video of him, it’s easy to see what has NBA teams intrigued. “He can handle the ball for a big guy” doesn’t do him justice. People like to say that guys like Dirk could handle the ball like a guard, but really, that’s pretty far from true. This guy is actually a legit 7 foot ball handler. Like, he could actually initiate your offense. Great, great handle. Really good passer. He doesn’t move or run awkwardly, like most 7 footers do when not around the basket. Very fluid.

Knowing that he’s a 7 foot point forward, his body doesn’t scare me as much as it scares people assuming he’s going to play the 4 or the 5, because he’s a perimeter player, for sure. For me, the problem is that he doesn’t seem to be a very good outside shooter. He takes a lot of them, and off the dribble, no less. But, the percentages just aren’t great. Plus, we’ve never seen him against a good level of competition.

But again, look how Luka’s above average size adds to his level of effectiveness as the main initiator of the offense, and then realize this guy in 7’ tall. That is what the fuss is all about.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-10-2020 at 08:45 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote