Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #366
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
So, I am SURE the Mavs are aware of Pokusevski, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they liked him. But, what I can't get around in my head is the fact that he's going to take TIME, either staying in Europe, or playing lots and lots of developmental minutes that will lead to losing games in the NBA.

Someone is going to pick the guy, and maybe higher than we think. The idea of a 7' tall POINT FORWARD is intriguing (understatement), but unless he's a stash in Europe (for cap purposes) I just can't see a team who considers themselves a playoff team snagging him. They want players who are ready to contribute. Like, if there's a a question as to whether in the SHORT TERM, his roster spot might be better used on Courtney Lee, that's probably not a good Mavs pick.
In a normal draft, Pok would drop to the top of the second round and would be a perfect use of the 31 pick. Super high-risk high-reward guy who you grab rights to and then send back overseas for 2-3 seasons.

There are just a lot of teams swinging hard at home runs when there are plenty of singles/doubles to make a baseball analogy. Someone is going to snap him up 19-25 sadly.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-15-2020 at 01:20 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote