View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #136
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Why the random Goose Gosslin hate? Is there a backstory?
I wouldn't call it hate. On the whole I like him and I usually listen when he's on the air.

That being said, he does have a smug "I know more than you" air when he's on with Norm and the bit captures that to a T.

The other thing is, you have to watch him (and Norm for that matter) because he'll restate his opinion on you. Case in point, back in 03'(?) the Cowboys needed a corner and the top two were Terrance Newman and Marcus Turfant. I distinctly remember Goose saying that they were rated equally as far as coverage ability but Newman's ability to return kicks gave him the edge.

Two years later Newman is going through a sophmore slump, Turfant is having a breakout year and Goose is on with Norm talking about how Trufant was rated as the better cover corner pre-draft and if the Cowboy's aren't going to let Newman return punts then they shouldn't have drafted him.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-25-2008 at 02:05 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote