Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #52
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Groupwise is Novell's Exchange equivalent(for the most part anyway... it also provides instant messaging, which I guess with Communicator Microsoft does as well - integrated with Exchange anyway).

And it's good to know that Flaco is joining the ever growing Chris-Chris community in the world. That information can be used in the future, no doubt.

props to u2 as usual. My company migrated to GroupWise from Exchange like 3-4 years ago. They were told that outlook was too vulnerable to viruses, and that groupwise was a better decision in the long run. Now groupwise has gone the linux route, and documentation and support for GroupWise is scarce. It sucks man. We manage our GroupWise server on a netware box. It is awful. Almost nothing new that comes out supports GroupWise.

We are counting down the days to migrate back to exchange, although, from what i have heard. Migrating from groupwise to exchange can be very bloody. (meaning lose data)

So yeah.

I was asking because a bunch of our users kept asking about the iPhone when it first came out, and our excuse for not having to support it was it won't work with groupwise. Now it looks like it will work. I hope non of those idiots read about the new 3g iPhone and figure out it supports groupwise.

I like just supporting our blackberry enterprise server, i dont want to have to deal with other handhelds and crap.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote