View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #110
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I have no idea why you'd say that last part, especially considering how strapped we'll be for cap space as we enter free agency. I'd rather look into signing a guy like Kwame for 1yr/$3M than Dalembert at 4yrs/$18-20M. I think that's what each guy will realistically command on the open market, though the Bobcats might overpay for Kwame, considering he had arguably the best season of his career for them last season.

Saying I'd rather have somebody is in no way saying he's a better player. I'm saying I'd take the guy that will bring more value to us. And getting extremely similar production from a guy that plays the same game as Dalembert at a fraction of the price.
We're talking about Plan B if Chandler doesn't re-sign with the Mavs, why in the hell would you replace him with ANYONE that's getting paid 1yr/$3m??? We're trying to win a championship - 4yrs/$18-20m is more in the ballpark for a guy that can help you win more than just lotto balls...

I'd rather roll with Haywood/Mahinmi than waste any amount of money on a spare like Kwame Brown.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-28-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote