View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #26
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Wilson View Post
Wow, not sure why or how you're coming up with the notion that he's impatient. Frustrated yes, such as Friday night, but I've seen zero indication that he wants to win now and is growing impatient. I think that's the attitude and culture of the Dallas fan (Cowboys, Mavs, Rangers, etc.) more than it is with Luka. A lot of fans that root for the Dallas teams have zero patience for a team to grow. If he doesn't want to stick around for 5 or 6 years and gradually build the team into a legit title contender, then maybe it's just not meant to be for him to be a permanent fixture for the Mavs like Dirk was, which would really suck. All he has to do is look at what Giannis did a month or so ago. Yes, I'm sure the huge payday was the overriding factor for him, but I'm sure he also had a sense of loyalty to the Bucks and has unfinished work. Having Dirk still around the Mavs organization is huge and he will give Luka a lot of advice and guidance if and when the time comes for him to be a FA. Perhaps I'm being naive, but I just don't see any obvious, or even subtle, hints that Luka is already losing his patience.
Just curious why would you think that Luka doesn't want to win now?

From everything that I've seen about him on and off the floor based on body language and quotes after games.

I think this kid is ready to win now.....

I believe he is talented enough to win now.

I'm sure he's happy to make the playoffs but you can clearly tell he's just not interested in making the playoffs. He wants to do damage sooner rather than later.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote