View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

They had to stop Hitler before he got to the middle east and took those oil fields over. His war machine was running out of fuel and many places they had to leave things behind because they couldn't get enough fuel. I have read and my uncle has told me many stories as he fought with Patton's 3rd army and drove a half track. He had three shot out from under him and survived them all and two of the times him and the guys hid(frostbite) out in fields untill they could get back with the others.

Hitler needed those oil fields to keep his war machine going and the allies stopped him from this. Many Germans was caught or even killed trying to steal or get fuel anywhere they could. They also was running some other type fuel or things to make them run and it was crude ways of making them run but they had to as the fuel was running out.

Something needs to be done to ease fuel cost or we need someway to find other sources to do what gas and oil does. This is one reason we will always be in that same bed with Saudi Arabia, no matter what they do or how they live(no matter if the pres is democrat or republican). We are important to them with our dollars and they are to us with their oil. We had sanctions on Sadam forever and but he was stubborn but now it is going to be interesting who runs those oil wells in Iraq now, where that money goes, who do they sell that oil to, will it be back door deals with barrells of oil going out, and will it be just the Iraqi army or them and us and anymore guarding those oil fields?

It is many that want's to get in on that oil. Not just for money and yes money is part of it but for war machines and building up an army. It cost alot to run everything in a military and i do know that. One day we might know the real reason why we went in and not just a bunch of bull. One day we might find out that someone hostile to us was going to take those oil wells and use them against us. I do not know but i hope one day we actually find out why because i feel it is an important issue.

I have concerns within the Iraqi military and gov they are having alot of coruption, selling small arms and etc and taking the money and running. Can they ever defend themself and can they hold off terrorist or warlords comming in to take the oil away from them. They are afraid Iraq will go like how Afganastan was with warlords or with Iran or Syria on the doorstep wanting to now come in.

I will admit i am proud at the moment that the killings and violence is down. Maybe things are getting better but we will have to see.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote