View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #21
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

a)hydrogen power- a very expensive and time consuming process of producing hydrogen plants everywhere you see current gas stations. Hydrogen cannot be carried on trains, planes, or automobiles (trucks) because it is too explosive and dangerous. Hydrogen has to be produced at the gas station and then put directly into your vehicle. The vehicles has to be designed and mass produced to run on hydrogen (another expensive process that will take time).

There is no way that hydrogen power will be invested in and be developed unless the price of oil is going to stay very high for a very long time. Hydrogen power will not be economically feasible unless the price of oil stays high for a very long time. After the hydrogen stations and cars are made, then the hydrogen fuel system will be very cheap, actually. The cost to you as a consumer will be very low and you will love it.

I doubt we go this way but i have seen a few towns in northern Europe have this and i forget the country and maybe it is a town in Norway or Finland or i am not sure but they are doing well with it but it is much more confined in one smaller area. The usa is very big and we would have to go all out and i doubt we would.

b)Ethanol, biofuels. The energy cost to make biofuels is a lot higher than the energy available in the biofuel. In other words, the coal is burned to make electricity and the electricity is used to produce ethanol or other biofuels out of plant life. The biofuel that is available provides less energy than what was used to make the biofuel. This strategy is attractive because the plant life is a renewable source of energy. But, coal is not. This strategy is very popular where I live (midwest farm land) because the corn will never again be oversupplied. The value of corn will stay high. The farmer will do well. This strategy only works if the biofuel produced is available cheaper than the equal volume of gasoline. If a gallon of ethanol is valued at 3 dollars and the gallon of gasoline is 3.50 dollars, then ethanol works in the economy. If a gallon of ethanol ever costs more than a gallon of gasoline, then you mess this option up and hurt the farmer all over again. This only works with expensive gas which is what you get with expensive oil.

This would atleast help our farmers and middle class America and put jobs back in the usa and not just here for a select few and the middle east. I have heard good things of this method. Maybe this is what Brasil does but i am not sure.

c)exploration of other sources of oil: there is more oil in the central plains (covered in ice alot of it) of Canada north of North Dakota than there is in the ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST. But, the oil there is mixed with a thick wax. The oil in Canada's central plains does not sink into reservoirs. It remains suspended in the sand/dirt. You get the oil there by using a tractor to scoop up the dirt and running the dirt through a processing plant to extract the waxy oil. You then process the waxy oil to get the oil. The cost of getting this oil and refining this oil is a lot higher than the process in Saudi Arabia/Middle East. So, this is an option only if the final gallon/barrel of oil is available at a competitive price to what is available from the Middle East. If the price of a barrel of oil falls, then the plans to go after Canada's oil is over. Nervous investors who want to go after this oil want reassurance that the price of oil will stay high.

Congress has repeatedly blocked efforts to look for other sources of oil near our homeland for environmental reasons. This is a problem as well if we want to divorce ourselves from the oil of the Middle East.

W has wanted drilling in Alaska and alot become upset about the animals and a game preserve. Republicans in CO got upset at this adm wanting to drill in Co and maybe they even mentioned FL but they keep running into brick walls. I am not good on knowing does it destroy the land or wildlife and if not and preserve everything around where you drill, why not? I need to learn more about this. Maybe W and this adm has good ideas on drilling here in our usa but i know they run into, you are going to destroy the land. I would rather have oil here, than us be slaves to Saudi and have to stay in bed with them. Now when i say this, Democrats and Republicans both are in bed with Saudi and we over look anything bad from that country and it is both parties fault.

d)Nuclear energy

I feel we need to look into this wm. I feel it is ways to try to keep our air clean or have restrictions on the companies and not dump stuff in our water ways and i do feel this is a good idea. The politicians want to tell us they are going to try to help us go green and get away from big oil but you are right, alot of times and mostly they don't tell us how.

Va and Heath Care

We need to address this as it won't go away and i am not a good one to say how we should help and solve it but it needs to be addressed and big time.

8)Israel hasn't had to press an attack against Syria or fly bombs to Iran. As to the Middle East, it is better if US/UN/NATO forces fight than that Israel fights. The entire Middle East hates Israel and there are no allies to Israel there. Israel has to stay quiet. The fight in Lebanon was relatively brief and the UN/NATO influences caused Israel to retreat.
I'm not stupid. I know that the Israel/Palestinian issue is a continued mess. Hillary is not going to fix that either and no president of the US is going to fix that.

We need nato and others to help us in the middle east and we must not be a bully and say if you do not do it our way, then we might just attack you as it makes Europeans hate us. You are right, if Israel attacks or does anything it stirs up a hornets nest and even them on the defensive it seems to. The bible tells us that area will be that way untill the end of times. They live, fight and die over a drop of a hat on religion and that middle eastern land. UK was proud to get out and turn that land over to Israel for several reasons. I feel other middle east countries must talk to Syria, Iran and others and say you must think of Israel as a country and a human being abd this is where the mess starts. They claim Israel does bad to them and Israel says they do bad to Israel and it stays in turmoil. Israel is going to defend itself and everyone should. It is a big hot bed wm but i do not feel we can solve it because it is about land and religion. The best we can do is try to be peace makers for periods of time but out breaks will always happen. I know of no solution for the middle east because they must want to get along. No president will solve it but they can help matters in short periods of times.

Bush is not diplomatic and he cannot speak. We need a president who can speak and handle diplomacy. We need a stronger alliance with Russia to help with Iran, Pakistan, and N. Korea. Life would be a lot easier if the Russians were helping us over there

I totally agree and you know what, W can be a likeable guy and i really feel he is underneath that hard shell. I know he can't speak and says the wrong things and it makes him come across as dumb or a bully and imo he has had many chances to do good and try what you have said above but it is his way or the highway and this is where Europe, Middle East and alot of places thinks you and i wm are bullies and we are mean. I think maybe someone has told him you must stand tough and firm and be mean or pretend to and it doesn't come off good. I am proud and i do give credit that we have not been attacked again.

Your post was very good. I do not think Romney, Huckabee, Paul, Obama, Edwards and even Hillary will follow down this same path and be a bully and stuck up. They will all be much better than what we have now. I feel Rudy and Fred will be another puppet on a string. Rudy can think and can talk ok but Fred is like W and just doesn't talk and seems to not think. I just feel Rudy will be controlled.

The middle east is a hot bed wm and this is why Europe and many do not want any part of it. I do not think going into Iraq was good and we lost people, alot of money, raised oil prices, and now Iraq could go to whom ever is strongest and has the most influence around them. I also agree that Sadam played out like a crazy man and if he was threatned, he would always say we will bomb Israel. He brought it on himself but the middle east, europe and many should have helped this problem and not just us. He told one reason he was not overthrown in hiw own country was he would plant moles and pretend that they wanted to overthrow Sadam and ask are you with me? Want to? When these people showed interest or said they was with that plan, then they would be killed. He was brutal and bad. I just do not know how Iraq can hold if they can not unite and have influence around them come in and take over. That is where Iraq could be worse in the future but let's hope not.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote