View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default Dallas-Toronto trade proposal

Marion, Dominique Jones and Beaubois for Kleiza and Calderon.

Why for Toronto--Moves Calderon, cleaning up the point guard spot, improves their strength at small forward and brings in a couple of young prospects.

Why for Dallas--Brings in an experience back-up point guard, makes room for Crowder to play more minutes at SF, while keeping an experienced long range shooter in the position in Kleiza, lowers the amount of salary under the cap for next year and opens up a roster spot.

I think this trade is worth it for Dallas because I believe Crowder is the real thing and by next year will be the starting small forward. In the meantime Kleiza isn't a bad player. I don't trust any of Dallas's current options to play back up point guard and, although very weak on defense, Calderon can keep the offense from stalling when he's in the game.

Dallas line up:

Collison/Calderon
Mayo/D. Jones/Cunningham
Kleiza/Crowder/Carter
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Brand/some Third Center for emergencies
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote