View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #133
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
No he didn't. I'm happy for the win but he was still pretty terrible. Five walks and two hit batters in six innings is terrible.
Yeah - he pitched horrible. He is SOOO damn frustrating. You have friggin Vizquel at bat and he walks him in like 4-5 pitches. I mean why pitch around a guy hitting sub-.100? JUST THROW THE FING BALL WITHOUT TRYING TO PAINT THE CORNERS OR INDUCE A SWING AT CRAP...

He pitched a "quality" game by the 6/3 standard, but if not for the FOUR double plays he would have been pulled well before the 6 innings. Sure, he COULD have actually finished the 6th with a shut out. If he did, it would have still been because of his defense behind him and I would still consider it a poor pitching performance.

As far as Feliz goes, his velocity is down 5-6 mph and EVERYONE is just sitting on a fastball. He needs to improve his secondary off-speed stuff and fast. He can't get those pitches in for strikes so people just wait for the hard stuff and now that it is coming slower it is much easier to hit. The difference between a 94 mph fastball and a 99-100mph fastball is incredible. If he is going to start, sure, deal with pitching in the 95-97 range, but as a closer, throw that shit young man.