View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #120
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
http://archiv.sport1.de/de/ussport/u...el_693520.html

German interview of Deandre Jordan in 2013. A poster on Fish's site translates it. Parts about Dirk:

SPORT1: In high school, you have worn number 41. Because Dirk Nowitzki?

Jordan: Yes! Because of Dirk.

SPORT1: Why did you chose Dirks number?

Jordan: He's a seven footer that does not play with his back to the basket. Dirk has an outside game. And to me, it looked like he could play all five positions.

SPORT1: Have you ever asked Dirk Nowitzki whether he'd help you to improve your offensive game?

Jordan: No, I didn't. But that'd be a dream. Because I could learn a lot from him. He is my idol. The things he can do at his size are incredible. Dirk is even a little bit longer than me, plays so variable and is one of the best for such a long time.

SPORT1: Shall we make contact with Dirk Nowitzki and his coach and mentor Holger Geschwindner? Maybe they're willing to work with you during summer...

Jordan: Yes, please. Do that. I'd go anywhere. I live in Houston during summers. That's not far from Dallas. But I'd also come to Germany for sure.
This interview makes me so proud to be a Dirk fan. I think it's awesome that he grew up idolizing Dirk. Sure sounds like he's going to work on his free throws in the offseason. After knowing this, I don't think it was ever 50/50 with the Clippers. Once he asked for 4 years, it was over.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote