View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I was reading an article earlier that Bynum is looking to sign a three-year extension with the Lakers. If that's the case, perhaps they're not looking to move him? If that's the case you have the Nets and Dallas. The Nets would have luxury tax hell if they signed Dwight. I know that they can afford it, but you're still talking about an insane amount of luxury tax that even the Lakers would never take on. And the Magic aren't interested in their assets, so I'm not sure how realistic the Nets are for Dwight. Didn't we just spend the last month watching Brooklyn fail to get Dwight? If their assets don't change between now and the deadline, why would we expect the trade to happen then either?
Considering everything that's come out of the Orlando front office so far, I don't think they really have any interest in Lopez and his ridiculous contract, nor would they want a non-expiring Bynum... They're looking for a clean slate - it doesn't seem like they'd want to take on any big contracts that they didn't ink themselves (with CBA-friendly clauses, of course).

I'm not saying we'd be a lock to sign Howard if Bynum signed that extension, but I don't really see a whole lot of competition if the Lakers and Nets are out of the running...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote