View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we just see it differently. I thought Obama regurgitated talking points well, but it was absolutely clear who had real insight into foreign policy issues, and it wasn't Obama. And how could he? He doesn't have any real experience in those areas to speak of, so he has to rely on what's he's been told to say.

As for aesthetics, I thought Obama's impatience and need to get in the last word got the best of him on several occasions and made him look somewhat petty. Also, I don't agree with your impression that McCain was unwilling to engage Obama directly. He may not have looked at him much, but he definitely went head-to-head with him in a number of different verbal exchanges, and in my view he won each of them.

I can see why you think Obama did well, because he gave answers that for the most part will appeal to his base. I don't know how he did with people who wonder about his knowledge or ability on matters of foreign policy, though. My bet is not that well.