View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #232
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Wow, you're actually able to listen to The Michael Irvin Show? That is a very, very hard listen.. and that's coming from a guy that absolutely loved watching the guy play.
Murph,

Funny, I believe the Irvin show is perhaps one of the more entertaining and sports oriented shows. I put it up there with Bob Sturm!!!

I also appreciate the fact that they can get into "Cultural" or Race talk without getting message board stupid.

I also like hearing some of the "Player" insight from Irvin...he brings a fresh perspective to the airwaves.

Now as for this 105.3...I tried to listen to them last night on the way home, and I found that I kept switching back to the Galloway show. Last night 105.3 felt like back when I was stationed in Ft.Hood and I had to listen to some small town mono-tone generic news guys trying to do sports. It was like NPR doing sports...it was turrible.

The Dallas sports market is a tough one to penetrate, given you already have two big players, the national ESPN and the local in the Ticket.

There best bet would be to change the format into a Talk radio format, similar to the KLIF, where they could have Political Talk, Etertainment Talk, Life Talk and Sport Talk depending on the time of day. Put some engagin sports talent on during times that ESPN and the Ticket are week...develop a following and at a strategic time, move the talent to a more challenging/competitive time slot.

Best of luck to them...I always enjoy having sports options...but first impression was not very good.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote