View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #90
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Let's see, I have a Chevy, Dodge, Jeep and a Toyota...3 of which are paid for, one of which is getting close.

Never again will I buy a car without paying for it cash.

Why are people worried...if the automakers go down, some new ones will step in...It's all about Change.

Isn't free market all about letting companies who make good decisions survive, letting consumers decide what is actually good or not?

I'm hearing today that the issues with the big three is it's average wage...something like $78 per hour per employee...while companies like Toyota are down around $48 per hour.

Unions are forgetting, that although it's great to increase the income of your members...if you push too hard, you will cause the company to go out of business and essentially cost your members their jobs.

I am all for breaking up the unions!!!
I've got to agree! The UAW is THE reason that GM is unprofitable, in my opinion. The same thing could be said about the U.S. Steel industry 20 years ago as well, and 75% of the U.S. Steel companies have since either been bought by competitors or have declared bankruptcy - which is what should happen to Ford and GM.

MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote