Thread: Jamison/Martin
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 01:47 AM   #15
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default RE:Jamison/Martin

Quote:
I have been one to push for Jamison to start, but maybe what the Mavs are doing is "showcasing" Walker, because they know he will have the most trade value, because of his shorter contract. Make him a starter, keep his scoring averages up, keep your ideal 3 waiting in the wings on the bench...

Just thoughts.
Nice idea. I have been pushing for Jamison to start too, and this makes some sense. Will we deal him at the first possible moment, Dec. 22nd? Mavs are always about making a player look good in order to get max value. And then they usually trade out at the top, just like they did with NVE.

While showcasing Walker does make sense, it would give away our only playmaker (good passer) other than Nash. Could we survive that? Early in the season I believed Walker would walk (in trade), but now that Best is not the playmaker that we thought, we need another passer in return in the trade along with the big man we all want at center. So does Delk go in the trade too, since we can't dump Best?

Edit: Oh by the way, I say no to the two trades listed above. We need a center not another PF.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote