View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #152
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
No, I'm saying I'm tired of everyone making out like a victim. There were hundreds if not thousands of people attacked for all kinds of reasons. im tired of folks trying to pull at peoples heartstrings with a select few to try and win political arguments.
So your rhetoric has come full-circle. You were the first to yelp in this thread about ‘bigoted anti-Christian viewpoints’ being expressed, and now you’re tired of people ‘making out like a victim’. Utterly, absurdly hypocritical. And I can assure you that neither the family members of the recent shooting victim, nor the victims of the assaults themselves feel like they’ve ‘made out like a victim’, as if they would sacrifice themselves for the sake of winning a political argument.
Quote:
Make the political argument, just try to do it without trotting out all kinds of sob stories to make it.
Making the political argument involves explaining the real-life consequences of bigoted hate-speech. Of course, you want the stories to be hushed up, ignored, denied. It makes it easier to deny the effects of hate-speech when you don't have to consider flesh-and-blood victims. But the targets of these hate-motivated attacks would be all-too-happy to stop having to tell their ‘sob stories’ if hypocrites like you would stop spewing your S.O.B. hate speech.
Quote:
Where is the outrage for the Muslim girl killed by her parents. Or the Christians who's church was burned down, or the folks who went to a service station and were beat up because they were in the wrong part of town and not the correct race.
And of course, you’re too lazy to link to any actual incidents, but people have already spoken in this thread against parents killing their disobedient children—whether it’s fundamentalist evangelicals following some whacked-out effed-up interpretation of Leviticus, or Muslim parents committing violence in the name of the Qur'an. The situations to which you vaguely allude are, of course, outrageous, but they will only be parallel to the recent rash of anti-gay hate crimes when can identify actual statements by political and religious leaders or social activists encouraging the burning of churches or the beating of people because of their race. You can’t show that, because it doesn’t exist. When you’ve got no basis for your bigoted opinion, you make a false analogy, spin a false argument, and manufacture fake outrage.
Quote:
Make a damn police report just like everyone else has to do who are not part of the victim du jour group.
A police report? What about trying to prevent hate crimes in the first place, BEFORE they occur? You define dishonest reactionaryism. I wonder to myself if you had a lesbian granddaughter if you might eventually feel differently. But then, no child deserves having to endure a grandfather with attitudes like yours, just so that one old pathetic man's attitudes change. The world will change with you or without you. Hopefully, you won't feel the need to exit this world like Dominique Venner did.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote