View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #50
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Wolves were picked as a favorite to move into that 6-9 spot in the West. Yet, even though they have 2 former #1's who both were rookie of the year's, they have a whole team full of lotto picks, just added Thibs as coach, added Dunn with #5 overall pick. And they still may be picking in the top 10 next year at this rate. Mavs are riddled with injuries and are playing scrubs, we scored 64 vs Grizz. Tonight,with the Grizz on a back to back, Wolves managed only 71. Makes them 4-8 to start the year.

This is why I'm all for being a top pick this year, but IMO next year's free agency is just as important as the draft.
The west is pretty soft this year so I wouldnt be surprised if they still sneak in to a playoff spot.

Warriors
Clippers
Spurs

Thunder
Memphis
Rockets

After those 2 tiers, you have a group of

Blazers, Jazz, Lakers, Nuggets, Timberwolves

If they dont make it, I still see them just barely missing. I also dont think its a guarantee that Thunder get in the top 6 as they are now. Westbrook will wear out at some point.