View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #29
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
The next couple of weeks will be Garrett's real test. He has done a pretty good job these first two weeks. Granted the first win was almost all NY losing the game rather than Dallas winning it, but this one wasn't. This was a good game and a solid victory. Sure, it was Detroit, but as Dallas has proven week in and week out - any good team can be beat by inferior competition due to the dumb.

I still stand by my feelings though - winning x games is DUMB if x doesn't equal 9. They still have a chance to get a top 5 pick if Kitna comes back down to earth, but the top spot is likely impossible with 3 wins now. I see it quite difficult for Carolina to reach that mark. Eh well, my luck is we win 8 or so games, miss the playoffs, have an average draft that could have been spectacular BUT get the good news of keeping Garrett.

Win.
I think you are missing part of the picture here with your all or nothing attitude. In order to lose out, this team would have had to continue to suck royally. That's really not a good thing because it means you have a ton of holes that likely need filling. Look at what's happened these past two weeks. We've had a revelation in a guy like Bryan McCann. Sean Lee has finally started to live up to his draft status. Orlando Scandrick has gotten over his horrendous start and begun to look like he did back as a promising rookie. Dez continues to look more and more like a blossoming superstar. Kitna looks like a guy that you are comfortable with as a backup next year despite turning 39 years old. I saw some decent play out of guys like Hatcher and Church as well.

These are all revelations that likely wouldn't be happening if we continued to get blown out on our way to a number one pick. If we keep winning, it's because we've had lesser-known guys actually step up and show a little something. If some of these players continue to prove that they have a little something, I'm going to be much happier than I would if we revert to the days of getting blown out. Also, let's not kid ourselves here. You can hit in a big way on a pick in the 11-15 range. Just ask DeMarcus Ware.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote