View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
But why are you reading between the lines rather than taking Dirk at his word? He said not winning a ring is the only reason he'd have ever left. And he said it during a time when he was obviously being very honest. So why is it necessary to read anything else into it?
Im not saying he is not being honest now, but he did move from a position of trusting the FO to now openly doubting and questioning them so whats stopping him from moving further to what was unthinkable before. It is completely out of character for Dirk to say anything directly negative about the front office in public so I think this is a big deal with the potential for Dirk to change his mind again because he hates losing and decides its in his best interest to say please trade me or just I am retiring at the end of 2014 or even just signing elsewhere at the end of 2014. To me, the potential is there depending on the outcome of this offseason.

I get why you and others are just taking him at his word now, but his word has changed. Why cant it change again for the previously unthinkable?
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote