View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilliamson
It's really not anything to think about and that's exactly why they probably will hold a hearing on it. There are a million things they could be doing that are infinitely more important than whether or not the NBA has a crooked ref or two. Most of those things, however, won't get the name of that congressman in the papers or on television. So they'll hold a hearing on this when they should be focusing on things that truly matter. It makes me sick.

I love NBA basketball, but when it really comes down to it, the whole league could disappear and it doesn't actually matter. It's just entertainment. They need to stick to business like health care, making sure our troops get everything they need to succeed (or a way to get the hell out of that war), the poor state of education, and on and on and on. But a crooked ref makes for some headlines and name recognition gets votes.

I apologize for my rant.
A damn good rant. This congress may go down as the congress that does the least but has more hearings, subpoenas, investigations in history.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote