Thread: Bradley Beal
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
two stars and a top defense is good enough to compete.
Generally I agree with the sentiment, but I simply don't trust Porzingis to stay healthy long enough to be a second "star" when we need him to.

And even if he is healthy, I don't know that he's good enough to be the second best player on a championship team. Third best player, sure. Luka might be comparable to Lebron, but KP is not in even in the same stratosphere as AD.

I'm thinking of the second-best players on all the title teams of the past decade or so. I think almost all of them are better than KP. AD, Kyrie, Steph (okay, KD era Warriors probably aren't fair), Klay, Wade, and the 2014 Spurs were so loaded that they probably had at least 2 or 3 guys better than KP... I guess you could say that KP is on the same level as Lowry, but that Raptors title team is sort of an asterisk with GSW's injuries.

It seems to me that only our beloved 2011 Mavs didn't have a second star that was significantly better than KP.

Now that stretch of last year before he got hurt where he was putting up 30 and 10 or whatever it was, yeah, I'll buy THAT guy as a #2 guy on a title team. But KP has yet to prove he can be that guy for a sustained period of time.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote