View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 04:20 AM   #476
Dolencd

Dolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to all

I really think Rick is a bad coach. Like really bad. I think most of his success comes form hist assistant coaches. He has shown moments of brilliance but so do most at this level.
He constantly benches players who just get a bit hotter, his entire arsenal of offensive tactics consists of maybe 2 or 3 and that's it.
OK. Maybe I'm a bit too harsh. Maybe he isn't bad. Maybe he's brilliant if rooster and opponent are just to his liking and style of coaching. But he's not willing to move an inch out of that and can't adjust his thinking one bit.

The most staggering thing for me is that he's not resigning. If He's as good as he or you may think, loosing so many games with a team surrounded with all that hype should really be below him.

I think he can do better elsewhere. He certainly can't do worse.

One more thing. I think Cuban should give Igor Kokoškov a chance. Ok ... He lead Slovenia's team (my place) to EuroBasket but he did it with such professional approach and against much, much better teams (name wise). Only Serbia in the finals had a chance until 5 minutes till the end of the match. Others like powerhouse Spain, didn't stand a chance.
They had like 3 different attack tactics against every defensive change an oposing team made. He pulled really risky moves and they all paid off.
The thing that staggered me the most ... I saw his presentation from a summer coaching camp in Serbia. He started with fundamentals. Cognitive processes when you give instructions, what does the mind want opposed to body. I was amazed.

Now that's a hot take right there.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote