View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #19
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Marion will thrive on fast breaks with Kidd and he is a good defender ... he may not be the best ball handler, but considering Josh and Kidd are our best defenders .... we need Marion.

I prefer Josh starting at the 2, and Marion starting at the 3. Marion's ego can't handle coming off the bench ... he was already uncooperative with his situation in Phoenix. I think he'll see this as the chance for a new start, and he knows Dallas has potential at least to make the second round again if he commits himself.

The way I see it is that ... we would go to Howard early like we always do ... then sit Marion when Terry comes ... and then Marion can potentially play again with Terry when Howard sits on the bench.

If we sign and trade Bass for something valuable ... with Singleton getting his minutes, and acquiring Gortat and Marion, and potentially one of the guards/wingman we are looking at in summer league actually making the roster and getting some solid time ... I would say this is a pretty good off season considering that we are not giving up any of our core players.

I think most likely this puts us at 4th in the West. Going into the season, we'll have several trade pieces depending on how things pan out that could make us better (Josh's expiring, Gortat's development and Damp's non-guaranteed contract, a team maybe wanting Terry if he can improve his stock).
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote