View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #33
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I like the idea. We are not going to do squat anyway. Yes we will make the playoffs with Kidd and the Polish Hammer but nothing much after. LA is much better than they were. The Spurs will be better and Denver isn't bad with Billups. Portland, if they can mature is dangerous and especially if they get Boozer, Lee, Millsap or another physical banger inside.

How do you disrupt talent? You knock them down and get physical. You bump and bang them. The Spurs know how to do that and Detroit use to. If you don't it can be like a Golden State running all over the Mavs. One reason the lakers lost to Boston the year before is because those big guys hit and beat on gasol. Said, don't you come in this painted area. So he didn't. Then it took a Wade performance of Kobe being fearless going inside. He was scarred and said no way. He did the same against Detroit one year when he wouldn't pass the ball to Shaq, so they lost.

I am not taking anything away from Kobe because he is the best in the game or Lebron. The fact is, if you do not have inside players you just can't win. Boston big men get no credit, you know those two big men you never heard of. They are physical and the fact Rondo is fearless going to the basket is huge for that team.

Marion won't knock you down but he use to could jump, was a pest around the boards, could play inside and outside and could defend. We need more defense and we need more paint play and he fits good with Kidd. I agree his long bombing 3's i don't like much either but we have to have more players that will venture into the paint, dunk the ball, and challenge the other team at the rim on defense. We are spent out and can't do much but Marion is atleast hope. It makes us deeper also.

Maybe Marion will inspire Howard to play like he use to and if Marion has something left. They are the type players you need to disrupt the other team, defend, rebound, score in the paint. With Hammer, Dampier, Dirk, Terry, Howard and Marion, maybe Bass you are starting to have some players and getting deeper. I hope this happens because next year you will have to have alot of talent to compete with LA, SA, maybe Den and Port. NO is a good team also and Utah is always tough.

Marion looked lost at times in Miami. He needs a good passing pg and him and Kidd could be fit for each other as he and Nash was. I hope we get him, we have nothing to lose and only upside possibility here. Good job Cuban, keep on trying. This player can also help Kidd.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote