View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #112
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
When I get to where I want to be in terms of weight, I think I'll give Insanity (or Insanity-lite) a shot, but there's no way I can do it right now due to my restrictive diet (1400-1500 calories a day).

Starting literally today, I'm trying something new. Three day cycles. Day one, run about a mile (100 calories). Day two, a bodyweight exercise routine: 100 jumping jacks, 25 squats, 25 lunges, 75 crunches, 10 burpees, increasing those reps as I go along. Day three, weights for my arms/chest, which I'm not getting a lot of otherwise (I'm getting enough ab and leg work on day 2). Very simple dumbbell stuff.

What I'm not sure is whether to take a day of rest after one cycle or two. If I did two cycles, I could basically make Sunday a take-it-easy day and keep my days consistent each week. Votes?
Way to go!!!

As for Insanity, don't sweat it...I can't do it 100%, not sure I ever will...heck the folks on the DVD's are falling out during the routines. The key is to do our best and forget the rest.

What I've learned is that cross training...basically doing these "Insanity" workouts has helped me to become a better distance runner. About 3 weeks ago, I set out to get in a quick 3-4 mile run/walk...but as I started, I decided to just go...I finished the run at 16.2 miles. Basically ran from my house up to the Church and back. I managed about13-14 minute pace for the full distance.

On shorter runs, I can get around a 10 minute pace...hoping to build up enough to get a 9 minute pace for a 1/2 marathon, and subsequently a full marathon. Bottom line, the cross training is what is giving me the fitness to handle the longer runs.

But next will be P90X so I can work on building a bit of body mass.

Truth of it all, the fitness has helped me to deal with the stress of being out of work...without it, I would have fallen off the deep end already.

Best of success to you, enjoy the workout journey!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote