View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #114
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
biking is where its at, for me

i bike to work in the daylight savings months... and it has worked wonders. i am now at teh point that i need to SPRINT (on my bike) for the 14ish miles in order to feel like a get a real work out

the first time i biked i only went the 3ish miles to the nearest subway stop. granted, it was mostly up-hill...... but when i got on the train the brakes were a little messed up, and the combination of teh ode du asbestos and my gasping for air from my ride made me feel so sick that i had to jump off the train at the next stop to avoid barfing all over the whole train. I got a cab, went home, and called in sick.
Yeah.....a brief and true story which you may appreciate.

Shortly after I started riding I took a freebie 'intro to mountain biking' class. There was a group trail ride after, which split according to self-assessment into two groups--a faster group (taking a longer ride) and a slower group. I debated which group I should join as I watched the young, flat-bellied males move towards the 'fast ride' group while the 9 year old kids and fat old women went to the 'slow-ride' group. Inexplicably my bike went with the younger males even though I knew very well that I needed to go ride with the old women.

I did manage to stay with the fast group for the entire ride, without complaining or slowing the group down. I said my goodbyes to the group, packed my bike onto the car, made my way out of the park, pulled my car to the side of the road, and projectile vomited all over Collins Street in n. arglington.

(but that was then....doing much better today.)

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote