View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg

Doc, don't get me started on Carter. If the idiot had kept his nose clean he could have had a nice career in this league. He had a hell of an arm, too. And he had the luxury of one of the best head coaches in the history of the game, who for some reason--for no good reason, it would seem--took a liking to him.
By nice career, you mean journeyman backup?....the 2nd for a couple of years before becoming a #3?
Tim Rattay, anyone? Kyle Boller?

But anyway...I obviously took a horrendous defeat in the great Quincy Carter debate. No need to spend good money after bad.

Back on topic...what a HORRENDOUS end to the half. It is absolutely inexcusable not to at least get off a 53-yard FG attempt there. Cortez has much leg. If it's straight, it's good.

That was an absolutely pitiful end to the half.

But bless Roy Williams. And Keith Davis? He's just one of those guys who the ball always comes to.

Can Anthony Henry defend a pass, or what?

Oh, and Chaff...I can understand your placing your pre-game duties first. A game like this, you have to get in the right state of mind for.
Boller would obviously get more of a leash than Carter. If Boller were to lose his job, it wouldn't be to a player such as Carter. It would likely be to a proven vet or a highly thought of young kid.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote