View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #46
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I am not nearly as invested in the Cowboys as I am with the Rangers and Mavs, but from where I sit we are seeing the foundation Parcells laid down for the organization start to really crumble. Jerry's ways of running the organization are taking hold again, and I think the franchise is headed downward until Jerry once again steps back and lets someone really run this team (which may never happen again).

They're still talented enough to compete this season, especially with the slow start from the rest of the NFC East, but I think we're at the edge of another crappy time to root for the Cowboys.
We were top-5 in penalties at least one of Parcells' years, maybe more. This isn't about talent crumbling, this is about dumb setting in moreso than in the past. Stupid play calling. Running the ball 25-30% of the time. Just dumb, dumb things.

I don't see us anywhere remotely near the edge of another crappy time to root for the Cowboys, but I do see us at the edge of a single wasted season that will absolutely force Jerry's hand to cut ties with Wade and possibly even Ginger if he continues to dumb it up. With the right selections (Cowher, Gruden, etc) that could be the absolute best thing to happen for us, though it would really, really piss me off in the present.

We are built to win for 4-5 more years in all likelihood because after that Tony will be in the twilight stages of his career (he is 29 right now I believe). We can't waste those years with dumb coaches, dumb play calling, and dumb penalties forcing us to fail despite talent that is as good or better than any other team in the league. We just can't.

No doubt about it - if we miss the playoffs in the year that we could have hosted the Super Bowl one or both are absolutely gone and there will be some players moving around as well. If it turns out that there is no longer a cap (will NOT happen) us missing the playoffs will turn this team into the Yankees regarding throwing money at the problem.