View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #192
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I forget the timeline... but part of me wonders if Sterling wanted the offer to be finalized without hurdles to help quantify his damages. Otherwise, how do you put a price tag on how much he's been hurt? And if he fought from the beginning, he risked a perceived devaluing of the team through continued advertiser backlash, players demanding trades, and an eventual forced sale.

If Sterling had said he wanted $1 billion dollars in damages the day Silver made his forced sale announcement, I would have laughed and found a Dr. Evil pic to post. Today, I'm wondering if there's a No. 2 yet to clear his throat...
Whatever damages Sterling gets will be paid by the Sterling Family Trust, presumably from the $2 billion proceeds from the sale to Balmer. Starting to look like the wildly inflated sales price took this possibility into acccount.

So Sterling is suing himself for $1 billion. He may be demented, but the attorneys still know how to smell a fee.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote