View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 11:51 AM   #116
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Honest question: what better center did you expect at 4mill?
It wasn't the price as much as the situation.
Maybe Nico knew Lively was going to be good, but I doubt he knew he would be this good and have this much of an impact.

That being said, we started the season with one 7 footer on the team who was a rookie, a somewhat injured and undersized Maxi, an undersized and very questionable Holmes, and Powell who was known to get brutalized by nearly every true center in the league.

This team is in serious need of a backup center and that should have been addressed in the offseason...especially if someone as stupid as me could have seen this coming.
In fact, I think it was somewhat irresponsible to not go after a starter quality center or at least border quality starting center to start the season. I'll give Nico credit for possibly seeing a starter in Lively, but the fact that Powell was the backup plan all along was irresponsible and reckless no matter how you look at it because it was obvious from the start that the team would have to end up relying heavily on Powell one way or another at some point.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-20-2023 at 11:57 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote