View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #9
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

If Spurs did not get LMA they still had Kawi and some solid pieces. If Warriors didn't get Durant they obviously had a roster that was fantastic. When we don't get a player, we are left scrambling because we put all our eggs into one basket. And I can't for the life of me understand why we keep putting all our eggs into one basket year after year. Hopefully next year it's different, at least we have young pieces now.
I think there are two big reasons why the Mavs aren't attractive to star FAs.

First....this is and always has been Dirk's team over the past 15 years so the egocentric FAs wouldn't be able to steal the spotlight from him.

Second....the FAs who are team-oriented only see one core star on this team.
Although Dirk has been a superstar to us fans most of his career, I don't think he got the proper respect from the rest of the league until the Mavs won the championship and by then he was 32. And Dirk has never been a flashy outspoken player. A team with only one star that is age 32 is not going to attract many high profile FAs. SA on the other hand has had a star core of 3 over the past 12 or more yrs. Other teams like GSW, OKC, Clips and Cleveland have been able to acquire multiple stars through the draft and/or leverage high draft picks to yield them.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-10-2016 at 05:20 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote